The SCSS holds an annual conference in October of each year. The conference normally takes place at the Franciscan University of Steubenville in odd-numbered years and at various other sites in even-numbered years.
In addition to the annual fall conference the SCSS occasionally sponsors spring conferences and other special events. Upcoming and some past events can be found below.
All Upcoming Conferences and Events
Download Conference Information Below
Call for Papers, Information, and Videos From Past Conferences
For each fall conference, we invited paper and session proposals in a variety of subject areas related to the intersection of Catholicism and the social sciences. Click below for additional information about the call for papers.
Click below to see video presentations from past conferences.
Recent annual conferences have been held at:
- Belmont Abbey College in North Carolina, Aquinas College in Michigan
- Mount St. Mary’s University in Maryland.
Past spring conferences have included:
- “Law, Politics, and Culture Through the Lens of Catholic Social Thought,” April 12, 2019, Ave Maria School of Law, Florida.
- “The Catholic Church in World Affairs,” Franciscan University of Steubenville, April 28-29, 2017 (co-sponsored by the Veritas Center for Ethics in Public Life)
- “The Catholic Ethic in the Earthly City,” Belmont Abbey College, April 2016
- “Challenging the Secular Culture: A Call to Christians,” Franciscan University of Steubenville, April 2015 (co-sponsored by the Veritas Center)
- “Truth, Conscience, and Religious Freedom,” Franciscan University of Steubenville, April 2014 (co-sponsored by the Veritas Center)