Open Rank: Professor of Theology
The Department of Theology
Franciscan University of Steubenville invites applications for a full-time, tenure track, open-rank position in the Department of Theology, beginning August 2024. FUS is an academically excellent and passionately Catholic university in the Franciscan tradition, located 24 miles west of Pittsburgh International Airport. The successful candidate must have the following:
A doctorate in Theology (ecclesiastical or civil) with specialization in one of the following: Scripture, Historical Theology, or Patristics.
- Expertise in teaching theology
- Poven potential for excellence in scholarship
- Support for the Mission Statement of the University, including a willingness to seek a Mandatum and take the Oath of Fidelity (https://franciscan.edu/mission-charisms/).
- Willingness to move to Steubenville or its environs
- Primary teaching responsibilities will include undergraduate and graduate courses, in person and online.
To apply, please submit:
- a letter of application;
- curriculum vitae;
- evidence of teaching effectiveness (including evaluations and syllabi);
- a statement of teaching philosophy;
- a research agenda;
- a statement on the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville;
- a writing sample;
- three letters of reference; and
- official transcripts.
All materials must be submitted electronically to Dr. William Newton, via Nicholas Riccardi NRiccardi@franciscan.edu. Review of completed applications will begin on October 1, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.