Mechanical Engineering Professor Opening
The Department of Engineering and Computing
Open Rank: Professor of Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Engineering and Computing at Franciscan University of Steubenville (FUS) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in Mechanical Engineering to begin by August 2024. FUS is an academically excellent and passionately Catholic university in the Franciscan tradition, located 24 miles west of Pittsburgh International Airport.
- A Ph.D. or a (Masters + 5 years of experience) in Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline at the time of employment;
- preparedness and enthusiasm to teach Mechanical Engineering courses especially dynamic systems, mechanical engineering design methodology, and senior design;
- ability to develop and support student internships;
- commitment to supporting the growth and excellence of the University’s Mechanical Engineering program;
- commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service, and support of the Mission of the University;
- willingness to support ABET accreditation plans
- willingness and ability to teach additional courses in computer science and mathematics, as needed and appropriate;
Interested applicants should submit the following materials:
- a cover letter outlining the candidate’s strengths in support of the advertised position
- curriculum vitae
- a statement of teaching philosophy
- a statement of support for the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville
- a statement on your ability to develop internships and manage mechanical engineering projects for students
- a statement describing your preparedness to teach Mechanical Engineering courses such as dynamic systems, mechanical engineering design methodolgy, and senior design. Ability to teach solid modeling and manufacturing, mechanical design, and mechanical engineering labs is a plus.
- one letter of reference
- two additional references which can be contact information and/or letters
- copies of academic transcripts (unofficial accepted)
- evidence of undergraduate teaching effectiveness (including evaluations if applicable)
The application package must be submitted electronically to Dr. Derek Doroski, Chair, Search Committee via Ms. Coley Hough, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without all requested materials will be considered incomplete and may not be reviewed.
Review of applications will begin September 1, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled.