Assistant Professor of Psychology
The Department of Psychology
The Psychology Department at Franciscan University of Steubenville invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the assistant professor level. Appointments are on a 9-month contract, with a 4-4 teaching load, and an average of 2-3 preps each semester. Optional overtime teaching is available in the summer.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is an academically excellent and passionately Catholic university in the Franciscan tradition, located 24 miles west of Pittsburgh International Airport, in Steubenville, Ohio.
Preference will be given to candidates with teaching expertise, who can maintain an active research program, and provide research experiences for undergraduate students.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in psychology or related discipline at the time of appointment (ABD candidates will be considered)
- Area of specialization is open, though candidates who specialize in School Psychology, IO Psychology or Clinical Psychology, and who are enthusiastic about a variety of courses, may be best suited to teach classes selected from the following needs: General Psychology, Child Development, Adolescent Development, Educational Psychology, Statistics, Personality, Intro to Counseling, Group Therapy, Human and Spiritual Integration, Experimental Psychology, Motivation and Emotion, and Teams and Groups.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service, and support of the Mission of the University
To apply, applicants should submit the following materials:
- A cover letter outlining the interest and candidate’s strengths in support of the advertised position
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching effectiveness
- A personal statement responding to the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville
- Contact information for at least three professional references (Letters of recommendation will be requested for those applicants selected for further consideration.)
- Copies of academic transcripts (Official transcripts will be required at time of hire.)
Review of complete applications will begin November 11, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled.